What is your criteria for an IT consultant? Surely your priorities will be affordability, good-quality services, excellent track record, and the ability to provide the IT consultancy products and services you need.
You may find a company that can meet these criteria anywhere. But if you also value corporate social responsibility and want to partner with firms that are dedicated to giving back to the local community, then you should consider working with a certified HUBZone IT consulting company.
Fortuna Business Management Consulting (BMC) is a proud example of a HUBZone-certified IT consulting firm, which is a U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) program that aims to promote economic development in disadvantaged communities by supporting the small local businesses in the area.
The program mandates government offices and departments to allocate 3 percent of their purchases or contracts to HUBZone-certified small businesses.
Not all small businesses can qualify for this program, however. To be eligible, Fortuna BMC had to meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Located in a HUBZone (historically underutilized business zone) community.
- Owned by U.S. citizens, agricultural cooperatives, Native American tribes, or community development corporations (a controlling stake or 51 percent ownership)
- Have employees who live in the HUBZone (35 percent of the workforce).
Fortuna BMC is ready to work with companies looking for HUBZone-certified IT consultancy firms.
What if Your Business isn’t a HUBZone?
If it sounds like HUBZone businesses are the only ones on the receiving end of the program’s benefits, this isn’t the case.
If your business is a non-HUBZone business you still can benefit from partnering with a HUBZone-certified company or hiring one as a subcontractor. Below are some advantages of these business deals:
- Big companies that are bidding for federal contracting opportunities can have a competitive advantage if they partner with HUBZone firms. It can increase their chances of becoming primary contractors for government-funded projects. This is in compliance with the SBA Program’s requirement on federal contracts being allocated for these small businesses.
- The opportunities and benefits enjoyed by HUBZone businesses go back to the community in the form of jobs and vibrant economic activity. These partnerships can, even if little by little, help reduce local unemployment and homelessness.
- Investing in HUBZone companies is investing in the underprivileged local community where it belongs. When local small businesses thrive, the people they employ can also experience improvements in their quality of life.
- HUBZone partnerships enjoy preferential consideration for federal contracts. For instance, as long as their bid is no more than 10 percent higher than non-HUBZone competitors, agencies can still grant them the contract.
- HUBZone certified firms are supported by the HUBZone Contractors National Council. It is a non-profit trade organization that promotes the HUBZone Program and educates and helps certified small businesses survive the federal marketplace. Members benefit from the resources, insights, support, and connections from the Council’s network of small businesses.
Choose Fortuna BMC, a HUBZone-Certified IT Consultancy Firm
By working with Fortuna BMC, you’ll gain the competitive advantage made possible by a partnership with a certified HUBZone IT consulting company.
More than the benefits that stem from the HUBZone Program, we can provide exceptional contact center support and management teams, recruitment and staffing services, information security solutions, project management, and more.
Experience excellent partnership you won’t find elsewhere and get in touch with Fortuna BMC today