Our company is dedicated to hiring Reservists, National Guards, and transitioning military members, veterans of all eras, and their spouses.
- Provides highly complex design documents and translates them into component-level designs to accelerate development. Develops strategy, design, and data gathering approaches.
- Leads development team efforts to provide flexible reusable components to increase cost-effectiveness. Analyzes, designs and reviews design of applications and suites of applications to ensure that customer specifications are satisfied.
- Oversees business process work sessions, project meetings, and joint applications development sessions to ensure that product design decisions are communicated to departmental personnel.
- Functions as a domain expert and works closely with software developers to explain the application design, and coordinates activities between the two functions to enhance product quality and efficiency. Conducts cost analysis studies to determine feasibility of approaches.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel. Guides the work of less experienced developers to create, maintain and communicate details of application designs to ensure that designs are according to specifications.
- Develop, test, enhance processes and perform root cause analysis, investigate errors, and implement corrective actions.
- Design and develop new ELT/ETL processes using Linux/Unix scripting, SQL, ETL tool (i.e. Informatica), and database platforms like Teradata, Oracle, or Databricks.
- Design, develop, and support data processing capabilities.
- Collaborate with teams to maintain, develop, and enhance, and automated data processing / pipelines.
- Work with users to resolve questions and provide information as needed.
Skills and Experiences Required
- Strong foundation on data modeling and normalization techniques for both OLTP and OLAP
- Sound understanding of data structures (linear and nonlinear)
- 7 – 9 years of experience in Informatica – PowerCenter 10.5, PowerExchange 10.5
- Design, develop and maintain robust Informatica PowerCenter mappings and workflows that process huge volumes of data across multiple platforms.
- Strong experience with performance tuning of Informatica processes in a partitioned database environment.
- Hands-on experience to build and tune complex SQL queries.
- Intermediate experience with Linux scripting with the ability to leverage arrays and write scripts & functions.
- Experience with Teradata and its utilities (BTEQ, FastLoad, FastExport, MultiLoad & TPump).
- Hadoop, Spark, NiFi experience is a plus.
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Strong communication skills to interact with team members, clients, and support personnel
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills for selecting data tools and resolve data warehousing issues
- Strong skills in data administration, repository management, and data warehousing
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
|Qualification||USC/GC Candidates Only|